Project Name: Hill Terrace
First time developer Scalise Studios approach us with the objective of building 3 townhouses with strong environmental, liveability and to appeal to the gentrification that is happening in the Sunshine area.
Designed by Steffen Welsch Architects with a strong background in sustainable design the project had a great backbone to support its objective.
This was SHM’s first multi-home development and to work with the passion of Scalise Studios was a pleasure.
The project was received exceptionally well from the market and sold for 23% above the area’s average market value.
Materials & ESD (Ecological Sustainable Development) Features
• Internal & External wall insulation R2.5 High Density Glasswool Batts
• Ceiling insulation R4.0 Glasswool Batts Fitted to Subfloor & R5.0 Glasswool Batts
• Shared boundary walls to eliminate wherever possible
• Seconds bricks used and rendered over the top.
• Weathertex weatherboards
• Woodcut timber flooring
Passive Design Features
- • Louvre shading to north facing facade
• Living areas facing north
Heating and Cooling
- • Braemar Gas Ducted Heating
• Braemar Evaporative Cooling
Windows & Glazing
- • Enviro Slimline rainwater tank with pump to service toilets and garden
• WELS 4 star rated tapware throughout
Disclaimer: Sustainable Homes Melbourne are now focused only on renovations and extensions and are NOT currently taking on any new builds.