Rathmines St House
Project Name: Rathmines Renovation
Project Value: $300,000
One of the first projects SHM completed back in 2015 we still retain a lasting relationship with the clients Michael & Una. Designed and administered by Gardiner Architects this small renovation had its challenges.
Requiring us to work around the family while they lived in the home, the objective of the renovation was to create a more functional and pleasant living environment. Including a small extension to cater for an ensuite and another to add space to the dining area.
Working with the old home while installing structural elements in confined spaces has its challenges and was able to be delivered to a very happy family.
Materials & ESD (Ecological Sustainable Development) Features
• Maximised internal spaces and only small addition to original footprint
• Cutek to cladding and timber windows
• Radially sawn Silvertop Ash cladding to Ensuite extension
• Repair of existing weatherboards
• Repair and replace existing Tasmanian Oak floorboards
• Apply Bona, Natural oil to floorboards
• Pure wool carpet
• Tasmanian Blackwood solid Joinery with Osmo clear as finished coat
• Louvretech Pergola system
Passive Design Features
- • Additional insulation throughout including underfloor
Heating and Cooling
- • Under tile heating to Ensuite
• Jetmaster Heat & Glo, XLR Plus Gas Fireplace
Windows & Glazing
- • Double Glazed Timber Windows - FSC certified KD Hardwood Frame
- • WELS 4 star rated Tapware throughout