Project Name: Lightwood
After the success of our first partnership together Lightwood was our second development with Scalise studios. This time we were engaged to design and build working closely with the Director, Steve Scalise we were able to create a project that complemented the surrounding area and Kororoit creek.
Scalise Studios being as passionate about the environment as we are, wanted to embrace the natural landscape and sought inspiration from the local Kororoit creek for the colour scheme and landscaping.
‘Lightwood’ has been recognised by the Wurundjeri people for its commitment to the naitve landscape and translated into the native language of Woiwurrung ‘Bula Bula Galk’ an indigenous hickory wattle tree.
This project is also a finalist in the 2019 Greensmart Awards for Multi Dwelling Development.
Materials & ESD (Ecological Sustainable Development) Features
• Internal & External wall insulation R2.5 High Density Glasswool Batts
• Shared boundary walls to eliminate wherever possible
• Ceiling insulation R4.0 Glasswool Batts Fitted to Subfloor & R5.0 Glasswool Batts
• Brick Cleaning used is the Acid-Replacement Concrete Remover® from Guard IT. It is a unique, safe to use concrete cleaner based on organic compounds.
• Woodcut timber flooring
• Native Landscape to compliment the are and invite native birds
Passive Design Features
- • Shrouds applied to north/west facing windows
• Living areas facing north wherever possible
• Maximised windows to the north and minimised to the south
• East facing rooftop deck, balcony and Ground floor decking
• Clear roofing to void area to allow sunlight to enter the home
Heating and Cooling
- • Fujitsu Split systems installed throughout each townhouse as the design limited ducting through roof cavities
Windows & Glazing
- • Each townhouse has a 3.5kW tier 1 solar panel system with Fronius inverter
• Each townhouse is pre-wired for a Battery to be connected to the solar system at a later date.
- • Stieble Eltron electric heat pump
• Enviro Slimline rainwater tank with pump to service toilets and garden
• WELS 4 star rated tapware throughout
Disclaimer: Sustainable Homes Melbourne are now focused only on renovations and extensions and are NOT currently taking on any new builds.